Sic Bo, also known as Tai Sai, is a casino game of ancient Chinese origin. Throughout the years, Sic Bo has gained popularity among gamblers not just from Asian but all over the world because of its relatively easy rules to play.
Sic Bo is played with three dice on a table with a layout on which the players place their bets. The possible wagers include the total of the three dice, high and low dice, doubles and triples, all possible specific nonpair two-dice combinations (such as, for example, a 2 and a 5), and the single respective numbers. Bets are settled after each throw of the dice. In Western casinos the table is often electronically wired so that when the dealer has thrown the three dice in a sealed container, he enters the outcome, whereupon all winning areas of the layout light up.
Sic Bo Bet Types and Payout
- Big – The sum of the dice falls between 11 and 17. This bet excludes any 3 of a kind. Pays 1:1
- Small – The sum of the dice falls between 4 and 10. This bet excludes any 3 of a kind. Pays 1:1
- Odd – This sum of the dice will be an odd number. This bet excludes any 3 of a kind. Pays 1:1
- Even – The sum of the dice will be an even number. This bet excludes any 3 of a kind. Pays 1:1
- Specific Triples – A specific number appears on all three dice. Pays anywhere from 150:1 to 215:1, depending on the sites you are playing in.
- Specific Doubles – A specific number appears on at least two of the three dice. Pays between 8:1 and 11:1, depending on the sites you are playing in.
- Any Triple – This bet wins if the three dice land on the same number. Pays 24:1 to 30:1.
- Three Dice Total – This bet is actually a number of different bets that are based on the sum of the dice. Payout for this bet vary based on the range you are betting on, and different tables offer different ranges.
- Dice Combinations – This bet wins if two of the dice show a specific combination of two numbers, such as a 2 and a 5. Usually pays 6:1.
- Single Dice Bet – A single dice bet is placed on a specific number from 1-6 to appear on one, two, or all three dice. These bets pay 1:1, 2:2, and 3:3 respectively.
- Four Number Combination – This bet allows players to wager on any of the following four number combinations: 6, 5, 4, 3; 6, 5, 3, 2; 5, 4, 3, 2; or 4, 3, 2, 1. To win three of the four numbers must appear on the three dice. Usually pays 7:1.